Friday, February 4, 2011

digital art project 1





I found the pieces needed for the project.  My original idea was to set up a picture that showed a film projector "projecting" on an image of a family with a mirror behind them, reflecting nothing at all.  The idea was to demonstrate how contemporary pictures are often associated with memories, but that's all just an illusion.  I scrapped the part about the "family", deciding instead to show the illusion of ideal female beauty.  The family picture I found was of a family that looked so wholesome, so perfect, that I found it unbearably disgusting and couldn't stand looking at it.  The picture did need some level of artificiality, but this was too much.  I briefly read the article that the picture came with, said that the family was heavily Christian; that explains much.  Now I'm working with a picture of Paris Hilton, the most artificial female celebrity I know of (I have yet to confirm her existence as a human), a picture of a female mannequin, a mirror, a film projector, and an empty room.  Unless I can figure out how to flip the mannequin around, I'm going to have to do a mirror within a mirror trick.  Also, I have to erase that face, make it more creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment