Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Project #3 Sum of its parts

Okay, so I've made some of the characters for the FF7 scene that I'm retro-making for this project.  Sadly, they resemble the kind of crappy animation from cartoons typical of Adult Swim.  So I'm redesigning them to look even more digitized than before.  For starters, I'm using straight lines and perfect shapes wherever possible.  I'm also taking advantage of Photoshop's resources to make individual parts to be saved on their own and used with each other to make different pictures.  For example, I've designed a basic head that, when some minor details are altered, can be used for multiple characters so long as they're still human (there are two characters in the game that aren't human that this wouldn't work for, but I'm not using them anyway.)  Furthermore, each character will have a separate file with all of his/her individual parts saved separately in addition to the completed drawing.  It is an amazing thing, this Photoshop, for even those of us that are stuck doing old-fashioned frame-by-frame animation can still produce something in far less time than it would take for the process of using hand drawn frames to animate.  I'll have one still-scene prepared for Friday's class, and the animation and sound will come in the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment